Businesses can donate services, goods, and finances to support the foster care community
Every year, DSHS scrambles to raise funds for events to help recruit and retain families for children entering foster care, often holding in-office bake sales and luncheons. Here are a few ways your business can support children in foster care, foster families, and the foster care community:
- Host a staff appreciation event to show how much the community appreciates the important work that social workers do every day
- Donate needed goods and services directly to your local DSHS office.
- Meet the tangible needs of the office with furniture and supplies
- Encourage the staff with a donated lunch, coffee, or treats
- Sponsor and host a Welcome Box drive for children entering foster care
- Donate supplies or money to support events for the recruitment and retention of foster and adoptive parents
- Sponsor the annual foster parent appreciation event at your local child welfare office.
We invite you to join us in showing support and appreciation to those who support vulnerable children every day.